EE on Psychology-Topic: ANOREXIA NERVOSA

gunce

Hey everyone! I'm writing my EE on psych and I've decided that it should be about anorexia since I had suffered from it for 3 years in the past. But I'm not really sure about my research question. Any suggestions??

I'll appreciate your help thanx so much!

Decide what aspect of anorexia you want to explore. The causes of it? Why girls are more susceptible to it than boys? The effects it has on family and friends? Why eating disorders are becoming more prevalent in boys than ever before? How anorexia should be treated (that could be quite interesting as you could discuss drug treatment as well as counseling, and theories that anorexia is genetically inherited)? Comparing and contrasting behaviour in boys and girls suffering from anorexia?

My classmate did an EE on this in Psychology, hers was on the effect of the media in causing eating disorders in women. It was too broad, as she considered all kinds of media and should have limited herself to just one or two kinds (like television and magazine adverts). I personally don't think that she had much psychology in there (no references to the different schools of thought), but since I don't take the subject and don't know much about it I can't really judge it.

[quote name='Vvi' post='35712' date='Feb 6 2009, 12:07 AM']Decide what aspect of anorexia you want to explore. The causes of it? Why girls are more susceptible to it than boys? The effects it has on family and friends? Why eating disorders are becoming more prevalent in boys than ever before? How anorexia should be treated (that could be quite interesting as you could discuss drug treatment as well as counseling, and theories that anorexia is genetically inherited)? Comparing and contrasting behaviour in boys and girls suffering from anorexia?

My classmate did an EE on this in Psychology, hers was on the effect of the media in causing eating disorders in women. It was too broad, as she considered all kinds of media and should have limited herself to just one or two kinds (like television and magazine adverts). I personally don't think that she had much psychology in there (no references to the different schools of thought), but since I don't take the subject and don't know much about it I can't really judge it.[/quote]

Thank you so much! Your ideas are helpful!... Well, I'm planning to focus on cognitive behavioral therapy and how effective it is. So thank you =) You've added treatments in your options, so.... =)