World Lit Topic help (Things Fall Apart)

hi guys.

I gotta get started with my World Lit Assignment 2.

I'm thinking of doing Assignment 2c: detailed study, coz i can't be bothered doing two books and I'm not creative at all.

I initially had a topic in mind with Native Son by Richard Wright but apparently the novel is not a world literature so I couldn't go with it.

So I decided to go with Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, I thought it was a good choice coz I got mock exams coming up, and I could definitely use it there as well.

But I just can't come up with a decent topic to write about so I was wondering if you guys could help me out...

Ideas anyone? If you're suggesting topics could you suggest a good reference resources for the topic as well? you don't have to but if you got a decent resource, that'd be nice -_-

Thanks guys.

I did study on Things Fall Apart as well. But I'm taking SL. So, no need to do Assignment 2.
May be you can elaborate what the question want here (as I do not have the question)

One thing I noticed in the novel is about Imperialism and its impact on the native. In the novel, there 's an incident about how the native people are taken aback from their stand. I mean here, they started to forget about their culture and tradition when someone come and introduce a new religion. Their perception changed. This bring a big impact on Okonkwo till he chose to die.

That is just a thought. I wish to know what is the question so that I can elaborate more. -_-

[quote name='avrila' post='35571' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:59 AM']I did study on Things Fall Apart as well. But I'm taking SL. So, no need to do Assignment 2.
May be you can elaborate what the question want here (as I do not have the question)

One thing I noticed in the novel is about Imperialism and its impact on the native. In the novel, there 's an incident about how the native people are taken aback from their stand. I mean here, they started to forget about their culture and tradition when someone come and introduce a new religion. Their perception changed. This bring a big impact on Okonkwo till he chose to die.

That is just a thought. I wish to know what is the question so that I can elaborate more. -_- [/quote]

ok um... basically assignment 2c is a detailed study of one world lit work.
It's a formal essay and we have to analyse a key passage or two key passages or commentary on an extract.
Anyways imperialism sounds good. There seems be a lot of stuff on it on internet. :D

Owh... Ok..
You can go on with the imperialism if you wish to.
Other things that you can talk is maybe in terms of the economy system. How does it change and what new things evolve from the influence of the new power.
And I notice that this novel use a lots of proverb. May be you also can elaborate the significance of proverb in the novel and how does it gives an impact to the readers.

Good luck :S Do not hesitate to ask any further.