Suggestions for EE in Physics

Silf

So it turns out that we have to hand it the sheet regarding the topic for our extended essay. I've chosen Physics, but I still have no idea what my topic will be about. My teacher and I have tried to come up with different suggestions, and so far I'm contemplating "Factors that determine the efficiency of an electric motor". If there are any ideas on other topics I should consider, feel free to share them. They will be greatly appreciated.

Oh, sorry about that. I'm not really looking for the research question itself, I just do not know what I should be investigating(as in what topic: mechanics, waves etc.). The topic I'm contemplating at the moment might have been done a lot of times before, so I want to come up with something more original. I think I might do something involving aerodynamics or tension in different materials, but nothing is decided. Basically, from what I've heard, EE in Physics is about writing a BIG lab, so I need to think of something that is worth writing 4000 words about.

To those of you who have done the EE in Physics, what was your research question? I'm just wondering how much it would take for me to get a good grade. According to what I've heard, the chances of achieving an A/B on the EE are veeeeery little. -_-

Edited by Aboo

I just submit my physics EE last week. My topic was fairly simple, I just comparing the value of acceleration due to gravity in different height. Just find a simple topic that you have fair amount of understanding. Unless you might get screwed, that what happened when i was working on my initial topic on aerodynamics.

Edited by chaze17

I turned in my extended essay this week, and after many MANY difficulties, i can give you this tip: do nothing requiring multiple temperature measurements... There are just too many factors that will often influence this and give you too many random errors for your liking, as i unfortuanately found out. several times i found myself taking about an hour of temperature data, for it to just be trash, show absolutely nothing, and screw up my entire general trend. it does give you great opportunities to evaluate and suggest improvements though, so it does have its advantages. but overall, id suggest something else for stress sake.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Silf' post='35476' date='Feb 3 2009, 07:14 AM']So it turns out that we have to hand it the sheet regarding the topic for our extended essay. I've chosen Physics, but I still have no idea what my topic will be about. My teacher and I have tried to come up with different suggestions, and so far I'm contemplating "Factors that determine the efficiency of an electric motor". If there are any ideas on other topics I should consider, feel free to share them. They will be greatly appreciated.[/quote]
OH umm well i doid the same.. but some tpoics can be the physics of taekwando or just martial arts and u can make the focus question be HOw can we change the taekwando technique to improve maximum force