"with reference to two areas of knowledge"

Allemande135

Your paper must include examples, concepts or significant analysis of the prompt in the context of two different areas of knowledge (ones prescribed by the IBO). Just mentioning more than one AoK is not enough. The prompt should be analyzed within the context of two AoKs.

@Jaysun Is it okay if my claims and counterclaims apply to both AOKs?

I also give two examples for a claim, one from each AOK – I do this for all of my claims and counterclaims. Is this too much? I think it might be preventing me from developing my ideas in greater depth. But I'm worried that if I cut any of the examples out I wouldn't be fulfilling the "with reference to two AOKs" part of the title. 

If I was to cut some examples out, I would make the claim have an example from my first AOK and the counterclaim have an example from my second AOK. Would this fulfil the requirements?

On 2/21/2019 at 8:06 AM, Allemande135 said:

@Jaysun Is it okay if my claims and counterclaims apply to both AOKs?

I also give two examples for a claim, one from each AOK – I do this for all of my claims and counterclaims. Is this too much? I think it might be preventing me from developing my ideas in greater depth. But I'm worried that if I cut any of the examples out I wouldn't be fulfilling the "with reference to two AOKs" part of the title. 

If I was to cut some examples out, I would make the claim have an example from my first AOK and the counterclaim have an example from my second AOK. Would this fulfil the requirements?

To answer your questions in sequential order:

1. I think that is okay

2. That sounds good but also like a lot. You may run into trouble with word count and could prevent you from developing your ideas fully.

3. Technically I think it fulfills the requirements, but you may want to be very careful crafting that argument. Certain claims/counterclaims do not apply to all AoKs the same way. There should be a lot of consideration about context.