english extended essay

njoki

i'm doing my extended essay on 'wide sargasso sea' by 'jean rhys'
my topic/question will be on the alienation/discrimination that the personna experiences and how this affects their actions, emotions and life basically.
do you think this is appropriate? any suggestions for another question on this book??

It sounds fine for a presentation. Make sure that you don't narrate things when you talk;every sentence needs to be relevant and analysis rather than a summary of the plot. Your class and teacher already know what the book is about since they read it.

And it should be structured like a written commentary would be. A good idea is to write your topic sentences down, and then bullet points of what to discuss within them. So you have a paragraph structure when you go up, and don't go off track and then talk about different aspects of the book all at once.

And try have some kind of visual thing, even if it's just a brainstorm of spider diagram showing the different aspects of her character and links between what you are talking about. If people have something to look at, they will listen more attentively. If you're good at art, draw a silhouette of her in the middle of your page and then draw pictures of things like speech bubbles around with the linking ideas.

Seriously, it's very boring to listen to someone talk for 15 minutes straight with no visuals. People might fall asleep.

oh wow im reading that book rite now for english!
i should be done say...by 2 days (note: reading my english books is kinda my last priority, ee and WL are fighting for 1st)
so ill report my opinion then ^^
and also if we do happen to discuss things in class ill post them here 'kay?