I need help! Just started TOK.

minky

We just started TOK this semester, and I absolutely hate it to the core, anyways, we are supposed to do this presentation. It includes:

a visual, supported with a speech. The visual should be complex enough to incorporate all questions with one visual object. Explain how it represents all of these questions. •
What do we know we know?
What do we think we know?
What do we think we don’t know?
What do we know we don’t know?
What don’t we know we don’t know?

I was thinking about doing a book or a model of the earth, but I'm confused on how I should answer...any help?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Pick your baby brother's toy dinosaur (as an example of a dinosaur, not a toy).

[b]What do we know we know?[/b] We know we know that the bones are real.
[b]What do we think we know[/b]? We think we know they existed. The bones could just be fakes, or bones of other reptiles and not even dinosaurs.
[b]What do we think we don’t know? [/b]We don't know if their age is correct, based on inaccuracies with carbon dating. We also don't think we know exactly what their skin looked like, seeing as we have only bones to imagine with.
[b]What do we know we don’t know?[/b] We know we don't know how they died out. How do we know that the meteorite caused their death?
[b]What don’t we know we don’t know?[/b] Well, you can't know what knowledge you're missing if you're not even looking for it. This is probably the point of the presentation that your teacher wants you all to get.

Support all these things with archaeology, and I think you're set.

Or pick a table, and do the same thing. Pick a piece of chewing gum. Be original. Tons of people will probably do the earth or a book. Pick the most random object you can think of. Your teacher may give you extra points for trying to be creative.

Although you have been given some guidelines and the teachers choice ofr presentation is basically personal, I feel compelled to tell you that there is more. for example, my topic was quantum mechanics, espeically the double slit exsperiment. that was all the focus I needed. you need something with Lots of knowledge issues, that you could take apart and cut up into sections of TOK. So I looked at emotional, scientific, religious, mathemtical aspects of the experiment - and through all fo that I discovered and answered those questions u have at the bottom.

From what I understand that type of approach to this presentation is not a valid or appropriate one. It says that it should be a contemporary issue, or a recent news event and you are to look through it in TOK lenses to speak. Simply looknig at a table or a piece of object is not the TOK presentation that IB wants. It might be one your teacher, unknowingly has mislead you in. Like the external document you will haev to submit that IBO looks over specifically asks for knowledge issues and worldwide connections, and once submitted your TOK grade wont change, but your teacher will be notified that those presentations were not graded correctly. you cant put on the planning document, Toy. Or even attempt a broad topic like existence.