Physics/Math EEssay Help?

Guest Murasaki no Ryuu

Guest Murasaki no Ryuu

Fibonacci sequence and Phi, cuz they are intricately related.

My Theory of Knowledge teacher has taken it upon himself to become the unofficial IB coordinator at my school.

He says that my question is flawed. (He said at the beginning of the summer that it was okay. But I had to talk to my Advisor.)

Well, I looked it over with my advisor. He didn't give me much help. SO I proceeded to research and such.

Aaand... I have about three pages of virtually nothing; background information and the like.

Then my advisor left me during the summer. I didn't know this. I should have probably kept better track of him.

But he left. And I have a new math teacher and mentor that like... has 4 days of IB training.

Terrible.

Anyways, here is my EE question.

What is the relationship between Fibonacci numbers and prime numbers? How do these relate to chaos and order? and order vs chaos?

IB persons on another forum told me to change it to:

Does the fibonacci sequence play a large part in chaos theory?"

Infinitely better, ne?

The basic answers that I found were...

Quasicrystals

Stock Market

Differential stuff

Please help me to better formulate my question?

What should I expect to get if I use the second question: Does the fibonacci sequence play a large part in chaos theory?

What should I expect to get if I use the second question: Does the fibonacci sequence play a large part in chaos theory?

It's very hard for anyone to predict the grade of a question alone as it depends on your arguments and how good your essay is.

But I can tell you that this title:

What is the relationship between Fibonacci numbers and order vs chaos?

sounds very descriptive. It sounds like you're just going to describe the relationship which isn't what an EE is looking for. You shouldn't be wriitng a descriptive essay.

This title:

Does the fibonacci sequence play a large part in chaos theory?

looks more promising as it provides you with something to give a stand on - you can either answre yes or no. However, it is still not very effective a title because it seems like all you're going to do is say either yes or no and explain why - it also implies a more descriptive essay than an analysis essay.

I think a better title would be:

How big of a role does the fibonacci sequence play in the chaos theory? or To what extent does the fibonacci sequence play a large part in chaos theory?

These two questions allows you to not only argue whether the FS plays a large part in CT (btw I know nothing about CT) but also give an analysis regarding the quantity of the role played by the FS.

I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jaspal4590

I'm doing an EE in math right now, and i find that a topic like this would be easier and better if you changed the subject to history. So you could look at the development of the Chaos theory with the help of Fibbonacci's sequence (excuse me for my spelling). An extended essay in math needs to basically be 14 pages of math.

Hope I was of some help, this is what my advisor told me after she came back from an IB conference

• 3 months later...
Guest omgitsminji

I'm writing my math EE on the fibonacci numbers as well.. except i'm focusing more on the golden number and not the chaos theory (which i have no idea about)... and to be honest, i' just about ready to switch to writing on history about the golden number... it's been ridiculously hard 1.) trying to find information about it and 2.) making it into an argument and 3.) filling up page limit...

do you have any good sources that might be of help regarding the f numbers?