Help for my biology extended essay on plant growth

CherryWang

Hello! I'm doing my extended essay on plant growth, but I only have 3 trials from my experimenting. I was told that theres hardly any statistical analysis that i can do without more than 5 trials, aside from calculating the mean, and I have no idea where to go with my data. 

I was planning on a lab based EE from primary data, but I'm not sure if thats possible anymore seeing as I dont have enough trials for in depth statistical analysis. 

Should I run more trials, or should I change direction with my EE and use my primary data to support secondary data, turning it into a research based essay instead of experimental??

Please help!!

- Thanks,

Cherry 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/6/2019 at 1:12 PM, Nate-RK1945 said:

What did you test once you grew the basil?

Hey Nate! I ended up getting a C on my EE. I'm not sure why I got a notification for this, but I can tell you what I did for mine. I had a bunch of basil seeds and bought some earthworm fertilizer. I also bought soil. I measured, in grams, different ratios of fertilizer, to see how it affected plant height. I had 10 trials.