History Help

jayhoops

I am taking history, and am doing the internal assessment on the question "What were the political blunders made by the Kennedy Administration that led to the failure at the Bay of Pigs". Would I need to include all the reasons (and thus discuss each reason in an undetailed fashion), or should I include some of the reasons and discuss each one in depth?

Wow. I really suggest you look at the IB Syllabus and the requirements for the Historical Investigation. A narrative essay stating all the reasons would certainly score no higher than 3. You should discuss the extent to which one blunder (awkward word!) led to the failure...

Yeah, really take a look into the syllabus. History IA is NOT an essay. It is very specifically divided into sub-categories. As to your question, IA is basically source based so ypu should have 2 main sources and several side sources. You should present and analyse the reasoning behind the 2 major sources, supplementing it with your own information. And you really might want to narrow down your topic too.

Yes, do as the others say, then you should look at how many points you have to make. The writing must be detailed to some extent so if you have a lot of reasons I think it is wise to pick the most important ones. The best thing would probably be if you could link them together somehow. Hope it helps...

Capa...!

Edited by Capa