Important Question

topnotch5

Does every quote in the essay, even if its just one sentence, need to have a little citation thing at the bottom of the page? What if its not a book but a webpage that I got it from?

Even though if it is only one sentence, I suggest you to do the citation especially if it is a fact of an important point which you will later on elaborate on your self.

It's okay if you get it from a web page. I also usually quote things from web page. So, just cite the web page source for the quote at the footnote.

For example:

Plant nutrient, 14th September 2008, <http://www.agr.state.nc.us/cyber/kidswrld/plant/nutrient.htm#Nitrogen>

As you can see, I also stated the Title of the web page, date view of the source and the URL. That is how I usually do this. :sparta:

EVERY idea even you sue in the essay, even if its not a direct quote needs to be cited.

Most of the programs used by IBO or other schools, inform the teachers/coordinators of the degree of similarity. So you dont want to loose hte Diploma based on just one word or something.

Best of luck on your essay :)