biology ee PLEASE HELP ASAP

moonloan46

As you could tell, i'm doing a biology ee. My adviser has been zero help (as it's her first year to be an adviser) and i don't know what to do. I have a very simple but distinct (by distinct, i just mean not vague) topic, but i can expand on it greatly. Will this be looked down upon? I don't know how hard biology ee are graded. Any advice will be helpful. Thank you all! 

p.s. a draft of my ee is due soon

I'm not really sure about the specifics of how to write a bio EE but for mine (chem) I found that looking at exemplars I found online (some even have the marksheet in the pdf) really helped as it gave me a sense of how to set things out and what I should be aiming for by the end. If you're doing an experiment - based one, start out by writing it up IA-style and then you can expand to weave in your lit research and make it sound a bit more like an 'academic essay' overall. In terms of topic, simple is good! The IB are looking for something in which your personal input and understanding really shine through, and something relatively simple is a good way of doing this (if it helps, mine is literally based on a SL chem practical that I've expanded and adapted in a couple of different ways). Also, science EEs tend to be hard to score well on, so make sure you don't throw away any 'easy' marks (e.g. make sure presentation + formatting are good and your reflections are 'ib style': every mark counts!)

Sorry if that was a bit too general but hope it was at least somewhat helpful aha

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, moonloan46 said:

As you could tell, i'm doing a biology ee. My adviser has been zero help (as it's her first year to be an adviser) and i don't know what to do. I have a very simple but distinct (by distinct, i just mean not vague) topic, but i can expand on it greatly. Will this be looked down upon? I don't know how hard biology ee are graded. Any advice will be helpful. Thank you all! 

p.s. a draft of my ee is due soon

Specific topics are better than vague ones for EEs, simply because your question and research are more focused. If you try to be too vague or cover a lot of areas, your research can lack depth or you may get muddled up and mess up your structure. So, you are doing the right things, just make sure you develop your research so you score higher. Also, c

heck the EE rubric as you write your essay to make sure you are including everything examiners will look for.

• Thanks 1