IB Choices

MartaZuz

It really boils down to two things.

1. Which subject are you more interested in?

2. Do you require this subject in your university course?

Of course, it will be great if the subject you are interested in is a requirement for your university course. However, like most situations, it is usually not the case. If you are in this predicament, I suggest you take the subject required in your university course. Being interested in a subject need not represent the fact that you need to study it in HL. You could always still study it in your free time if you are truly passionate about the subject.

Hope this helps! :D 

• Like 1

I would recommend HL chem, but it still all depends on your pathway and interest. HL Chem is one subject that all my seniors has recommended me to take because they say it helps you a lot in university. If you plan on taking a chem, the gap between high school and unversity is really big and many people who has not taken HL Chem is struggling to keep up with their university chem studies. However, HL Geo is a flight course meaning it’s probably the easiest IB course you can take. Many ppl also write their Extended essay for Geo, but remember, the more people that write it on the same course, the harder the marking system. The choice is really up to you in the end, take chem if you want to actually gain a lot of knowledge and help you in university or take geo if you want to relax a bit and earn some easy marks.