Revise order for IB HL Chem

yara560

Hi, I just wanted to know whether there was a specific order to revise the topics for both SL and HL? There's so much inter-topic knowledge so I wanted to know whether there was a beneficial way to revise and understand the topics. Sorry if this is a bit confusing!

• 2 weeks later...

There is actually no revision order for Chemistry SL or HL, it really depends on yourself. 

For me, I start from the beginning to the end. However, if sometimes I feel really bored, I will add some Organic Chemistry or option into my revision timetable to revise. It is true that Chemistry contains a lot of inter-topic knowledge, I will highly recommend you to make a timetable to revise, such as listing out which are the topics you struggle most, which are the topics you are confident in. So you can adjust the time you will be spending there. 

Feel free to use this link: https://blog.prepscholar.com/ib-chemistry-syllabus-hl-sl to look at the whole syllabus and each topic's details. 

If you have any question, feel free to ask anyone here or reply here! 

Last but not least, 加油:nicole: chem is not as difficult as you think! 

• Like 2

Similarly to @inriya, I do not have a specific revision order. I usually just begin my revision from the start of the textbook to the very end of it. Occasionally, I will stumble across topics that I am unfamiliar with and I will just mark it out. This helps me to have a clear, visual gauge of my overall understanding on the subject which in turn allows me to redirect my focus to these weaker topics. Hope this helps! :D

• Like 1