Ontario IBers

I'm a bit confused. If you take the IB in Ontario, you graudate with the diploma and the OSSD (Ontario high school diploma). In order to get the OSSD, you need to get 30 credits, but how is this done if you only are suppose to take 6 courses in IB1 and IB2? In grade 9 and 10 i'm taking 8 courses, so by grade 10 I have 16 credits, but do you take an additional 2 courses alongside the 6 at IB level in IB1 and IB2 to get the 30 credits you need for the OSSD? :D

Each SL course gives you two credits, and each HL course gives you three credits. In grade 11 you do certain SL subjects for both semesters, and in grade 12 you do all your HL subjects for both semesters. You don't do anything other than your IB courses.

If you need to know anything more specific than that, ask your school because the structure of the program varies slightly between different schools.

Edited by Mr. Shiver

[quote name='Mr. Shiver' post='30596' date='Dec 18 2008, 06:07 PM']Each SL course gives you two credits, and each HL course gives you three credits. In grade 11 you do certain SL subjects for both semesters, and in grade 12 you do all your HL subjects for both semesters. You don't do anything other than your IB courses.

If you need to know anything more specific than that, ask your school because the structure of the program varies slightly between different schools.[/quote]

so basically, 8 credits in 9+10 to give you 16, then 3 SL courses give you 6 credits and 3 HL courses give you 9 credits, so then you get the OSSD with 31 credits then. Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...