DP subjects for bioengineering

Azhar

Hi!

I am struggling with subject choice for DP. I am going to take Math, Bio and Physics for Hl and Russian, English, ITGS for Sl.

Should I take both Bio and Physics or only one of them for bioengineering? I am 100% sure that having math and two sciences is too hard for me. Which subject should I take then, bio or physics. 

I would be grateful if you would help me <3

Hi! I’m studying biomedical engineering right now (which is kinda similar to bioengineering) so maybe I can help.

I strongly encourage you to look into where you want to study and what the course requirements to get in are. They can vary from around the world so it’s good to be prepared!

You will almost definitely need Physics and Math for engineering, so it’s good that you have it. I’ve also seen Chem AND Bio being really important for bioengineering, depending on the university.

You will basically HAVE to take 2 science and math for engineering. That’s just what’s required to get in and succeed in university. If you think IB is too hard with 2 science and math, then you will find engineering even harder. If you work hard and stay on top of your classes you can do really well!

51 minutes ago, VeronicaG said:

Hi! I’m studying biomedical engineering right now (which is kinda similar to bioengineering) so maybe I can help.

I strongly encourage you to look into where you want to study and what the course requirements to get in are. They can vary from around the world so it’s good to be prepared!

You will almost definitely need Physics and Math for engineering, so it’s good that you have it. I’ve also seen Chem AND Bio being really important for bioengineering, depending on the university.

You will basically HAVE to take 2 science and math for engineering. That’s just what’s required to get in and succeed in university. If you think IB is too hard with 2 science and math, then you will find engineering even harder. If you work hard and stay on top of your classes you can do really well!

I am going to take them both, however I do not exactly know about taking them both in hl. Can I take math/physics for hl and bio for sl (or inversely)?

1 hour ago, VeronicaG said:

This is something that you should look into for each university. I know some are ok with SL subjects (like in Canada) while others want all relevant courses to be HL (which I think some UK universities do)

thank you so much))))))

• 3 years later...
46 minutes ago, Enny_oy said:

Hello. I am an international student and I was to do BME as my premed. Right now I am in full IB (international baccalaureate) and I do Chem HL, Biology HL and Math HL. Do I need to take Physics Hl? We aren’t allowed to do 3 sciences

were are you planning to apply to university to study bioengineering? the requirements depend on the universities and even countries

• 1 year later...