HELP

cg45679

Hi guys, 

I am senior of international school, and I am taking IB courses. 

However, here, I have small complication. 

I am taking 4 IB subjects with SL: Math, Lit, Chem, Physics. 

I am not taking IB diploma so I do not need to write EE, and no need to do CAS. 

The university I want to apply doesn't require any IB grade or SAT, but they have their own entrance exam to apply. 

So, I only need certificate of graduation which verifies I graduated high school. 

In this case, is it okay to get 2 or 1 grade for summatives and any quiz? 

Also, Can I get lower than 2 grade for IB final exam?

If I fail the IB, is it going to issue on my graduation? 

IB final exam is on May, and graduation is after one week. However, the score comes out after one month. 

If the IB coordinator saw the result, does she or he not allow me to graduate the school?

Please answer this question. 

Thank you, 

I am only in Grade 10, so I have not actually started real IB yet (I am in pre-IB DP), however, I believe (at least where I live) you cannot fail more than two classes without making them up (in summer school etc.) and still get your regular High school diploma. Before you get your real IB exam marks back your teacher predicts your mark and if he/she believes you will not pass their class, I don't think you will get your diploma. (If that is confusing, I am basically saying that if more than two of your IB teachers believe you will not pass their class than you probably will not receive your high school diploma). However, you should still aim to get higher than a 2 on your exams as University's still see those marks and may choose someone over you that has better marks! 

On 2017-12-05 at 0:20 AM, cg45679 said:

Hi guys, 

I am senior of international school, and I am taking IB courses. 

However, here, I have small complication. 

I am taking 4 IB subjects with SL: Math, Lit, Chem, Physics. 

I am not taking IB diploma so I do not need to write EE, and no need to do CAS. 

The university I want to apply doesn't require any IB grade or SAT, but they have their own entrance exam to apply. 

So, I only need certificate of graduation which verifies I graduated high school. 

In this case, is it okay to get 2 or 1 grade for summatives and any quiz? 

Also, Can I get lower than 2 grade for IB final exam?

If I fail the IB, is it going to issue on my graduation? 

IB final exam is on May, and graduation is after one week. However, the score comes out after one month. 

If the IB coordinator saw the result, does she or he not allow me to graduate the school?

Please answer this question. 

Thank you, 

Different schools do things differently, so talk to your school's administration. They will be able to answer your questions.