SUBJECTS FOR DP?

I have to choose my subjects for DP soon, but I'm not sure if my subject choices are good. (Will my HL subjects be stressful in DP? Should I change something?) I think that I want to study business or psychology after high school (not sure yet)  PLEASE HELP! 

HL: English Lang & Lit, Economics, Psychology 

SL: Math, Spanish B, Biology 

9 hours ago, TheMagical7 said:

Looks good. Preferably you should do HL for the mother-tongue that you speak instead of English, but this is okay.

Assuming that the OP doesn't speak English "natively", many kids at international schools have spoken English in school all their lives and thus pretty much have a "native" level, to the point where it's indistinguishable that it's not there A1 (and you really could argue that due to the frequency and young age at which they learnt it, it is a native language).

Even then, OP might be below native level, but could still be ready for a language A class. I'm not arguing that one needn't have a really good grasp of a language to take a Literature A course; I'm just saying that a lot of kids from around the world do speak English extremely well as a "second" language.

Guest TheMagical7
57 minutes ago, Nomenclature said:

Assuming that the OP doesn't speak English "natively", many kids at international schools have spoken English in school all their lives and thus pretty much have a "native" level, to the point where it's indistinguishable that it's not there A1 (and you really could argue that due to the frequency and young age at which they learnt it, it is a native language).

Even then, OP might be below native level, but could still be ready for a language A class. I'm not arguing that one needn't have a really good grasp of a language to take a Literature A course; I'm just saying that a lot of kids from around the world do speak English extremely well as a "second" language.

Fascinating.

• 6 months later...
On 2017-09-21 at 9:14 PM, okayed said:

I have to choose my subjects for DP soon, but I'm not sure if my subject choices are good. (Will my HL subjects be stressful in DP? Should I change something?) I think that I want to study business or psychology after high school (not sure yet)  PLEASE HELP! 

HL: English Lang & Lit, Economics, Psychology 

SL: Math, Spanish B, Biology 

For psychology, I think HL Bio would be helpful. You can take 4 HLs to begin with, and see whether you want to continue with HL English or Bio.