To remark SL Chemistry or to not to, that is the question.

Oli89

Hey everyone!

I'm a little late in the game but I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out whether or not i should get a remark of my sl chemistry exam. Here's what I got:

My IA was a low 4/high 5 I believe, my paper one and two were both "solid 4s" (from the words of my teacher), and my paper 3 was a "solid 5".

I am currently at a 4 on my overall chemistry exam, but I am one mark away from a 5. 

The reason I am considering a remark is because in order to get into the college chemistry course I want, I need to score a 5, or I will basically have to repeat the same course in college again. I am wondering if the risk is worth 120 dollars. Any advice helps!

7 minutes ago, Oli89 said:

Hey everyone!

I'm a little late in the game but I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out whether or not i should get a remark of my sl chemistry exam. Here's what I got:

My IA was a low 4/high 5 I believe, my paper one and two were both "solid 4s" (from the words of my teacher), and my paper 3 was a "solid 5".

I am currently at a 4 on my overall chemistry exam, but I am one mark away from a 5. 

The reason I am considering a remark is because in order to get into the college chemistry course I want, I need to score a 5, or I will basically have to repeat the same course in college again. I am wondering if the risk is worth 120 dollars. Any advice helps!

I would remark it, as it is just 1 mark off. I have a classmate who remarked her HL Physics - one mark from the grade above - and it was successful.

It might help to receive the component results from your DP Coordinator but as you can already tell you're just one mark off, there's no real issue. Do note however, that essentially only from your Papers 2 & 3 can there be a grade change, as IAs don't get remarked and Paper 1 is multiple choice where there shouldn't have been a mistake in its marking. Still, between those two papers, there's a good enough chance for an extra couple of marks to be found somewhere.