Physics HL

Throbbert

I'm fairly certain that the physics HL course is specifically tailored to accomomdate students of all math levels.  You need no knowledge of calculus to do well in the examinations, and the most complex math simply involves a few logarithms and a bit of algebra here and there.  So yes, I'd say that it's definitely possible to do math studies and physics HL.  Just make sure that you understand the concepts and reasoning, and you should be set.  

• 2 weeks later...

Every single student who has taken studies math and been in my physics classes has struggled (They have all been SL). This is not because the math is particularly difficult. This is because students who take studies math often have difficulty in seeing meaning in algebra. Physics is full of algebra and it may be difficult for you to understand the physics if you can't see meaning in the math. If you find algebra challenging, I would not recommend you do this, even if you think the physics concepts are interesting. 

• Like 2