Saving Notes - Worth it or not?

Nick_Lacek

I'm a junior in the IBDP. I was wondering if it is worth it to save my notes from this year until next year- when I take my HL exams. Most people would probably automatically say yes but is it really necessary? I'm not the best at organization (have NVLD, but that's another story) so its a nightmare for me to go through notes and find whats important and whats not. I do a great job at studying only when I am told what to study, or have some kind of study guide. 

So what do you guys think? Should I save all my notes for the HL exams? Is there any type of guide to study when HL exam time comes around? I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts. 

Hello, I'm not familiar with the term Junior in high school, but from my own experience, it is good to organise your notes and keep them. Especially now that the syllabus is quite new (only 3 and a half years! And only 1 exam year so far), it could be very hard to find your material online. This depends on your subjects as some hardly ever change (such as languages and maths) while others have had a lot bigger changes to the syllabus.
Best thing to do is to start an FB group with each class your in and then pool all your notes together. Then you simply print them and put them nicely in folders. Notes pooling is great especially if the teacher talks a bit too fast or has awful handwriting.

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2017 at 11:01 PM, Nick_Lacek said:

I'm a junior in the IBDP. I was wondering if it is worth it to save my notes from this year until next year- when I take my HL exams. Most people would probably automatically say yes but is it really necessary? I'm not the best at organization (have NVLD, but that's another story) so its a nightmare for me to go through notes and find whats important and whats not. I do a great job at studying only when I am told what to study, or have some kind of study guide. 

So what do you guys think? Should I save all my notes for the HL exams? Is there any type of guide to study when HL exam time comes around? I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts. 

Well, I am a senior and I didn't save my notes from junior year either, because I'm so messy. I think online websites can help a lot (like IB BioNinja) for bio and they replace my notes. However, if you have a really good teacher who gives great notes then I'd keep that. Like my notes from my math class this year are worth keeping and can probably help me out with calculus in college! It just depends on the subject, and how good you are at tests/studying.