IB ESS IA DUE IN 2 WEEKS AND I'M VERY CONFUSED!!

ibglamourgirlg

Hello!

I'm really sorry if I'm posting this wrong, but I am new to this website and desperately need help.

My IB ESS SL teacher told us our IAs are due in 2 weeks and I have NO CLUE what I'm doing. She only met us with 1 time in September and all of us are super lost. She gave us some rubric and requirements papers and I'm very confused.

In class, she told me that your IA can be an experiment where you yourself collect data, or it could be a research paper where you use data from somewhere else and analyze it. But when I looked at the grading rubric, it said you have to include a whole section on methods.

I was going to do my IA on how countries with laws regulating plastic bag use, have less pollution, but how would I collect that data?? My entire methods section would just be "use Google".

I'm so sorry if I sound frantic!! I'm just really stressed out and when us IBESS students ask our teacher for help, she just turns us away.

Thank you so much everyone!!

Since I'm currently trying to figure out my Bio IA as well I may not be of much help, but I can try.

I think your method would be how you collect the data from google. What search queries will you use? How will you record the data you find? What sort of calculations will you have to make, and how? Will you use excel? What sort of analysis will you make, and what data do you need to do this?

I'm not sure if this counts as method, but I believe that you would have to outline how you will collect and analyse the data.

There are official IA examples from the IB, and if you can find one where pre-existing data is used, you can try and figure out a method from that.