Chem IA Topic concer

Manashi

I want my IA topic to be about unsaturated fats. Currently I have decided that I want to do the following: Calculating the percentage of unsaturated fats in different oils. Independent variable would be the different oils and dependent would be the percentage of unsaturated fats. Would this be okay? Or should I do something like unsaturated fats and the rate of evaporation. Where different percentages of unsaturated fats (different oils) will be taken the rate of evaporation will be seen? If i do, do the rate of evaporation, how would I calculate the rate? I also read that cooking oils takes long to evaporate so what oils would I use?

Edited by Manashi

We can't really answer too specific questions regarding IA like how to calculate rate, but you do have an interesting topic. I think calculating the degree of unsaturation should be straightforward. Evaporation may be too hard but you can try miscibility in other fatty acids to look at intermolecular forces that way. You can also easily make some connections to biology if feel comfortable doing so.