Help with Canadian/Aussie/European Unis

Mike

Yes, I am seriously seriously interested. I'd apply now if I could.

One final question, I have 30 as you know, and say I get an SAT score of 1800, can I get in or are they likely to reject me? If it helps, I'd apply for AccFin and Business Law in HSE.

Yes, I am seriously seriously interested. I'd apply now if I could.

One final question, I have 30 as you know, and say I get an SAT score of 1800, can I get in or are they likely to reject me? If it helps, I'd apply for AccFin and Business Law in HSE.

Well, feel free to shoot me with questions, either here or on MSN :D . HSE doesn't care about your IB score at all, unless you apply through the entrance exams (which you're not going to be likely to do since SATs are easier in general). They simply accept students with good SAT scores. To be considered you need minimum 500 points in writing and 1050 points in CR+Math. In other words, they don't care about your writing score but they do care about your CR+Math score. Now even though 1050 is the minimum, in practice your score needs to be higher, since they only take some 20 people through SATs each year. 20 seems like very little, but bear in mind that no one does SATs in Finland (or Europe for that matter), so the scores they require are not crazy. Here are the scores needed in previous years:

2008 - 1 260

2007 - 1 330 (CR+Math)

2006 - 1 310

2005 - 1 300

Thank you deissi! I already have a SAT score of 1170 from M06, or 1660, whichever you prefer. I'll wait till admissions start and if that score is accepted, I'll just do that. I'm a bit hesitant on doing a new SAT since I'm in no position to write an essay >.<

Thanks again!

Thank you deissi! I already have a SAT score of 1170 from M06, or 1660, whichever you prefer. I'll wait till admissions start and if that score is accepted, I'll just do that. I'm a bit hesitant on doing a new SAT since I'm in no position to write an essay >.<

Thanks again!

You might also contact the Uni directly and ask about them treating you as a special case, they might well do that. Scandinavia is all about equality, and you do have a good reason. I'm not quite sure whether they'll accept you with 1170.