History IA Topic Revision

saichicka

Hello everyone,

I am taking IB History of the Americas and I was planning to do my IA topic on this question: "Tow what extent did the influx of Asian immigrants during the 1960s incite anti-immigrant and nativism feelings in America?"  I was planning to concentrate on the immigration quotas that were lifted on the immigrants during the 1960s.  Personally, I feel like I need something more to make it interesting in terms of certain events or specific things that were a result of the influence of Asian immigrants in American society.   Please give me any ideas and suggestions that would revise this IA topic question. 

Thanks for all the feedback! :)

My history IA is "To what extent did the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 affect Chinese living in the United States?" so we have similar topics. When I was researching, I couldn't find much in the way of specific events in the 2nd half of the 20th century to focus on, so I kept my IA within the late 1800s. I think there is more material to go off of in the earlier periods of Asian immigration. The 1960s are difficult because the country's focus was mostly on the Civil Rights Movement. Your question is solid, but I would be concerned about finding enough info. If I were you, I would change what time period I was examining. 

• Like 1