Which statistical analysis would be suitable for my Biology IA?

MannAlissa

Hey everyone,

Our experiments for our IAs are starting soon and I am not sure which statistical analysis to use - here is my experimental method and idea so far (haven't checked it with my teacher yet, any improvements or suggestions are welcome!)

To look at how pollution affects plant growth I want to investigate the affects of acid rain on seed germination. I would do this by growing my own cress, but watering the different cress plants (in separate pots) with water of different pH, so to simulate normal rain water I would use water of 5.6 (pH) and to simulate acid rain I would use a pH of 4 or lower. I am not really sure yet how I will split the plants up and how to measure the effects other than observing but once again, if you have any advice, that would help me a lot!

Now to my actual question: How do I analyse my results statistically? I was thinking of using the t-test but I am horrible at statistical analysis.

Thank you!

Edited by MannAlissa