Delta G Equilibrium Question

IB`NOT`ez

For the reaction (delta)G = -RTlnK, assuming we use R = 8.314 JK and in order to find (delta)G in kjmol, do we need to divide whatever we get by 1000?

Also, does the following equation work for the reaction of P4O10 with water?

P4O10 + 2H2O -> 4HPO3

Additionally, in the Ideal Gas Law pV=nRT to determine Volume in cm3 under STP conditions:

P = 1.01 x 10^5 Pa

K = 298

R = 8.314

Is the above correct to find Volume in cm3 without multiplying or dividing more stuff? 

Edited by IB`ez

Using that equation, the delta G value will be in J/mol so yes you need to divide by 1000 to convert to kJ/mol. 

In the ideal gas equation, volume is in m3. The pressure at STP is 100000 Pa. Divide  cm3 by 1000 to get dm3 and by 1000 again to get m3. 

Phosphoric acid is H3PO4. 

P4O10 + 6H2O  ==> 4H3PO4

Edited by Msj Chem

11 minutes ago, Msj Chem said:

Using that equation, the delta G value will be in J/mol so yes you need to divide by 1000 to convert to kJ/mol. 

In the ideal gas equation, volume is in m3. The pressure at STP is 100000 Pa. Divide  cm3 by 1000 to get dm3 and by 1000 again to get m3. 

Phosphoric acid is H3PO4. 

P4O10 + 6H2O  ==> 4H3PO4

Ok, glad the delta G is as you said.

So if I had the mol value, plugged in 8.314, 100000 Pa and 298K and then calculated V without dividing whatever I got, the value is in cm3 right?

Ahh -- I assumed the acid formed would be something like HPO3, as Phosphorus is in the same group of nitrogen where nitric acid is HNO3 (starting to think it wasn't a very fair question considering my teacher hasn't covered acids and bases).

Thank you for your time in answering my questions.