Help with section 3/reflection of the History IA

slothlife

Hello!

So I've done the majority of my IA and I feel fairly confident about it but I'm so lost in regards to Section 3: Reflection. I've read the official IB guide but I still don't fully understand how to go about it and what I should write. Can someone please clarify for me what exactly section 3 is asking for/what is expected and, if possible, provide me with an example of such a reflection?

Thanks in advance!

The thing is, this is a new syllabus, so we don't exactly know what they want. Here are some resources that have some advice about Section 3 (x x x x). Essentially, I think it's a little like a CAS reflection, or even TOK-related in particular aspects, but about notable historians that have helped developed your argument through their sources. Common questions to help shape it:

• What methods used by historians did you use in your investigation?
  • What limitations do those methods have?
  • What are the challenges facing the historian and how do they differ from those of other professions involved around analysis (e.g. scientist)?
  • How can one evaluate the reliability of sources?

At least two of them have questions to help shape your Section 3, so hopefully this helps!