Was my History course NORMAL?

Seung Hun Han

Hi. I have recently finished my History SL p1 and p2. For last two years, I've learned French Revolution, Russian Revolution, Treaty of Vienna, WWI, Chinese Civil War, Rise of Mao, Rise of Hitler, and weimar republic at the end. Our school in really small, so SLs and HLs take the class together in one room. Like a few months ago, I've heard that if I am doing SL, I didn't have to learn almost half of the things that I have learned. Basically, my teacher combined SLs and HLs together to teach HL materials. It's OK for me because I liked learning French Revolution and Russian Revolution. But, now that I am finished, I think our teacher could have done better job in making sure that SL people focus on SL stuffs. So, is this kind of course plan normal or really weird?

The same happened in my school even when I am not a history student. My friends told me it's pretty normal to combine classes together despite the hectic curriculum and knowledge you have to deal with, I will say it is normal as long as you know what are on SL syllabus, what are HL materials, etc. 

15 minutes ago, inriya said:

The same happened in my school even when I am not a history student. My friends told me it's pretty normal to combine classes together despite the hectic curriculum and knowledge you have to deal with, I will say it is normal as long as you know what are on SL syllabus, what are HL materials, etc. 

Well. What's done is done I guess. Two yrs of history was pretty fun.