Hey guys! The MYP students just had their maths eAssessment and the difficulty was ridiculous, for both maths and maths extended. Due to this, students have created a petition to then send to the IB. I'd be great if you could sign it and share it. Thanks! 

https://www.change.org/p/international-baccalaureate-myp-e-examination-maths-standard-and-extended-2016

Yes, I strongly agree, the exam was very hard, and considering 120 marks in 2hrs thats 1 mark a minute.  Even IGCSE seems so much easier than the MYP eassessment exam, IGCSE is straight forward while this easseessment was just ridiculous too much discuss, deduce, evaluate questions. The maths is also very hidden in the context while in like IGCSE papers, its straight forward. I was shocked but hope the results, and marking will not be as harsh.

19 minutes ago, samim said:

Yes, I strongly agree, the exam was very hard, and considering 120 marks in 2hrs thats 1 mark a minute.  Even IGCSE seems so much easier than the MYP eassessment exam, IGCSE is straight forward while this easseessment was just ridiculous too much discuss, deduce, evaluate questions. The maths is also very hidden in the context while in like IGCSE papers, its straight forward. I was shocked but hope the results, and marking will not be as harsh.

Yes! and the sample exam that they gave us was so different. like, the wording the the difficulty were extremely different. the syllabus and the sample they gave us mislead us to study things that didn't even show up on the exam. our teachers gave us practice exams based on the sample so we practiced and practiced. but, that didn't work. of course the IB had to change everything and make the questions make no sense and extremely hard. I hope they take this into consideration. 

Sorry to break the news for you, but IBO will most likely not listen to your petitions. The exam was hard, sure, but then again since so many found it hard then the curve will be much better - that's what it's for, to make every year fair.

One mark a minute is fair, very fair. IGCSE exams sometimes have even less than that (my science exam is 2 hours long and has 140 marks). 

A similar situation Happened to my curriculum (CIE IGCSE) and over 10,000 signed the petition. Cambridge gave no response other than "the marking will be done fairly in order to assure accurate results compared to other years'". 

So really, don't get discouraged if it doesn't work. IBO is a large organisation and they hve their own methods of making examinations fair. 

Cheers.

• Like 1