Exam Psychology 2016 Help

MarcoAntonio

Hello, I'm actually studying for the psychology Ib exam and I had several questions regarding how to study. 

Is it a good idea to only study the essay questions on the biological levels of analysis section instead of learning the essay questions in depth from all the levels of analysis.

My second question is if in the choice of human relationships I personally don't like violence as I feel its quite difficult and feel that the research can't be used in other areas, so is it ok if i don't study this area and just study the rest?

Thank you for the help! 

Guest Anoushka Anand

This is the paper 1 structure:

Section A : Three 8 mark questions from each level of analysis

Section B: Three 22 mark questions from each level of analysis, of which you must attempt one.

So in total, you'll probably have to do all three of the units, but you can chose and prepare for Section B, usually BLOA is the best idea for that.

For paper 2 (assuming you're in SL):

Sets of 3 questions from every option (so that's 15 questions in total), of which you need to pick one option and attempt one of the three 22 markers.

The advantage you have in paper two is that each of the three questions is from each subunit of the option you pick. So for Human Relationships, if you essentially prepare either one of 8.1, 8.2 or 8.3 really well, you can score very well. I would personally suggest preparing two sub units just in case, so since you don't like 8.3, prepare the other two extremely well. You only need to answer one question in this section, so its quite easy to prepare intelligently and score!