Edinburgh offers?

imhyungjooo

Hello guys, I am planning to apply to Edinburgh in the future, I couldn't find the exact entry requirements for IB in the website so I want to ask you guys if you had any offers in the past. I am planning to apply for either Ecology and Environmental or Biological Sciences. I think I will get a predicted around 38 I guess? did you guys have any offers?

Hi, the fact is that it's quite difficult to enter Edinburgh as there's too many people applying. I applied this year for studying economics (predicted of 42) and I was rejected despite having a min entry requirement of 34. In your case I think that the minimum entry is of 37. 

i applied to Edinburgh this year and didn't get an offer. however it was not a surprise, as my predicted grades were below 40. also, i read that this year was incredibly tough and that the lowest offers edinburgh gave out was for people predicted with 43 points (or that's what i read from their website). :?

edit/ forgot to say that the lowest entry of 43 points was just for the course i was applying for (law). so it depends on which course you apply for obviously. ^_^ you can probably find this year's statistics for your course as well on their website.

Edited by souffi

The thing with Edinburgh is that, although the entry requirements on their website are not particularly high, their offers are usually much higher because it's a very renowned university with a lot of people applying and they can afford to reject people who don't have the highest predicted. So although the entry requirements might say 34, they in fact might be looking for 38-39

• Like 1