Further Maths hl

samim

Hello, Has anyone done Further maths hl before and actually got a decent score? If you are to do it, is it only offered on pamoja online? Do you have to do it with maths hl as well? If u can pass further maths with for instance a 4, would it be considered better than a 6/7 in hl maths?

Edited by samim

I haven't done it but I can answer some of your questions: No it's not offered on pamoja, unfortunately. It's a group 6 elective which must be taken with maths HL. And I'm not sure about having a 4 being considered better than 6/7 in maths HL, because you still have and are applying with a 6/7 in maths HL which is really good. No program requires further maths so a score of 4 would only affect your total score out of 45, or your score required for certain HLs for certain programs, such as 7/7/6 in your HLs. Which in that case, you may be better off doing another HL, but that's all up to you and which program you want to go into.

No I don't think that passing futher maths with a 4 is better than a 6 or a 7 in maths hl. The only reason someone should take further maths is because they absolutely love maths and want to study something relevant. Further maths is a lot of effort (i know it from a friend of mine who does further maths) and there is no way you will do well if you don't love and don't spend most of your time doing maths. You also have to be really fast at grasping concepts because it is university level material and not in a lot of time.