Music HL Solo Performance Question

bwf8398

I just got done with my IB music solo performance on flute and there were a few issues.

1. In one of my pieces with piano accompaniment, my pianist missed a page turn in the first movement and so I had to play the last minute and a half or so of the movement without accompaniment, even though it was supposed to be accompanied. There were no spots in there where I had rests, in case that matters, so I was playing the whole time.

2. As a result, I had a false start of the second movement because he wasn't ready with his accompaniment and played probably 4 notes before stopping myself and starting for real with my accompanist.

3. My whole recital ended up being 23 minutes, over the recommended 20 minute mark.

My questions are these: should I check with my music teacher to find out if I'm able to redo the recital? It wasn't my fault that my accompanist had a glitch. Would IB dock points off my performance grade for that? Also, is the 20 minute thing a minimum and it's okay that I went over, or is it a case where IB stops listening after the 20 minute mark?

• 1 month later...

The accompanist's mistakes shouldn't affect your mark whatsoever as you're being graded on you! And don't worry about the 23 minutes, you're allowed a certain percentage of time above or below the recommended 20 and I'm pretty sure that that's totally fine :) The IB won't stop listening after the 20 minute mark as it's not a cut off point- good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine!