doing more than one cas project

f0xes

so I'm currently doing 2 CAS projects, both of which i'm pretty passionate about and feel like relate pretty well to my interests. my school is fine with us doing more than one, but I also have the opportunity to link in a third CAS project, which was going to be my backup in case I couldn't find any. I do the school magazine, so I was going to do our final summer issue, which is usually the biggest and takes the most effort. it would be pretty easy to record and reflect on, and i was probably gonna contribute my own article to it as well!

my question is: is there any point in me doing a third CAS project? is it a good idea to put in the time and effort into reflections, and will it really help me if I do decide to go into something like graphic design? it'd be a good motivator for reflecting on everything i do (which interviewers would like? apparently?), but i'm also not sure if I'll have enough time for it next term, along with exams/etc.

I would say that two projects are already more than enough. In Year 13 you're going to be working a lot more to finish IA's and EE and applying for uni and all that so a third CAS project wouldn't be your main focus and would probably be cause for more stress than you'd want at that time of year. Also honestly, I don't think having multiple CAS projects carries much weight with the IB, they just care if you do one and if you do it satisfactorily (is that a word?). Sure it would look good on your reports and teacher's comments but you have to think about how much work you will have to put in (it's supposed to be at least one month of planning + doing the project, at least that's how it is for my school)
I'd say maybe collaborate with other people in working on the magazine, leaving you with less work to put in but still being able to complete the project, if you really wanted to do this. In other words I think that if you really wanted to do this third project, maybe find a way to lessen the stress it would cause and time it would take, otherwise don't do it at all because you want to have the least amount of stress going into your final year.