Physics IA Help

MarcoAntonio

Cite all information that you didn't learn from class or otherwise considered common pieces of information. Just cite normally using parentheses or superscripts as you would cite direct quotations. If you are taking someone else's ideas you need to cite them!
For example, in the simplest case, Newton's Law of heating/cooling involves separable differential equations. You would cite where you learned the idea of differential equations and specifically where you saw the formula. 

Then as a side note, you want to make apparent that you are doing something more than just restating others' ideas. 

1 hour ago, kw0573 said:

Cite all information that you didn't learn from class or otherwise considered common pieces of information. Just cite normally using parentheses or superscripts as you would cite direct quotations. If you are taking someone else's ideas you need to cite them!
For example, in the simplest case, Newton's Law of heating/cooling involves separable differential equations. You would cite where you learned the idea of differential equations and specifically where you saw the formula. 

Then as a side note, you want to make apparent that you are doing something more than just restating others' ideas. 

Hello, thank you for the answer. I have alternated from two different sources for explaining the equations, is it ok if I cite each source once? or do i have to cite each source every time i extracted the information from it?

Thank you.

Edited by MarcoAntonio

So there are in-text citations and a final citation list you used at the end. I am not sure what citation style you would use in Italy but for example APA or AIP are ok for physics at least in North America. Every time you reference something in your body paragraphs, you use the in-text citation style and at the end you would create a list of all the material you referenced. Every item in the citation list should have at least one in-text citation and every in-text citation belongs to an item listed at the end. You don't have to cite every sentence if say a paragraph is entirely from one source then you can just cite the paragraph together one time. 

• 7 years later...
On 3/22/2016 at 2:15 AM, kw0573 said:

So there are in-text citations and a final citation list you used at the end. I am not sure what citation style you would use in Italy but for example APA or AIP are ok for physics at least in North America. Every time you reference something in your body paragraphs, you use the in-text citation style and at the end you would create a list of all the material you referenced. Every item in the citation list should have at least one in-text citation and every in-text citation belongs to an item listed at the end. You don't have to cite every sentence if say a paragraph is entirely from one source then you can just cite the paragraph together one time. 

I was using Vancouver for my referencing, putting numbers in superscripts and their citation at the end in the bibliography. My teacher says I should include footnotes too, since I am using numbers, but I am not sure, is this correct or is it only the numbers and bibliography?