when's the deadline to upload the WL essay to the IB?

Andrew

My teacher says it's this Tuesday and I have hardly finished my WL essay and still have the whole English WT1 to go (because I take two languages, L and L&L). 

Will I lose my diploma if i fail to uplaod it before Tuesday? 

I'm actually unsure if you lose the diploma, but since this is for the official submission (It's already mid-March so I'm just assuming) if you don't get it in that would probably be a 0/25. That would be a disaster for your mark which could potentially drop your score low enough to not receive the diploma. I'd recommend handing at least something in, even if it's not fully edited.

IB mandates that you follow and respect all internal deadlines. You should find a compromise with your teachers. For example although WA (written assignment) is an external assessment, your teachers can make the comment to IB that you handed your work few days later than everyone else. It is in your best interest to hand both papers in as soon as possible because all submissions must be acknowledged to be received by IB examiners on or before April 1.

In addition, IB must receives submissions for all internal and external assessments for all diploma subjects in order to award you the diploma. That is, if you get perfect on all other group 1 IAs and papers you still can't get the diploma if you don't hand in the WA. 

• Like 1

• kw0573 locked this topic