Hey, I don't know about the rest of Canada, but for Ontario you apply with your Ontario marks. This means that you need the pre-requisites for the university and they look at your converted Ontario percentage mark. Unfortunately, this also means that Ontario universities give almost no recognition for either IB Diploma or certificate since you are treated as equal as other students. You'll get into a university so long as you have the pre-requisites courses and decent grades in them.

But even if other universities favoured the diploma, you only have the certificate. So you'll get the experience in doing some IB courses but in the end, it's really up to your grades and extra-curriculars to get into universities. Hope this helped!

Guest beyondtheimagine

Hey, I don't know about the rest of Canada, but for Ontario you apply with your Ontario marks. This means that you need the pre-requisites for the university and they look at your converted Ontario percentage mark. Unfortunately, this also means that Ontario universities give almost no recognition for either IB Diploma or certificate since you are treated as equal as other students. You'll get into a university so long as you have the pre-requisites courses and decent grades in them.

But even if other universities favoured the diploma, you only have the certificate. So you'll get the experience in doing some IB courses but in the end, it's really up to your grades and extra-curriculars to get into universities. Hope this helped!

It's the same in Alberta as well!

The only difference is that for the particular subject you are taking ib in, the university will take your highest mark from your government exam and ib exam.

Let's say you got a 85% on your government exam and you receive a 7 on your ib exam, the university will take your ib mark .

I'm not so sure if other provinces and territories do the same, but I know that all universities in Alberta do this.

Edited by beyondtheimagine