Language B Written Assignment (SL)

I am doing Hindi B SL. Can someone please explain how the Language B Written Assignment is supposed to be done? I am not so clear about the procedures, especially in selecting the articles. Thank you so much in advance for your help and support.

I'm doing French B SL so I'll share my experiences based on that... It should be roughly the same though. You pick a topic based on the core topics in the course. For me, I picked environment. You then proceed to pick three articles. This was tricky, I decided to take a cause, consequence and solution approach to this by finding three articles which would cover those three points. You then write a rationale which outlines the task you have set yourself (text type and the purpose) based on the three articles, how you have taken information, and how you have integrated it into your task. This should be 150-200 words. The task itself just follows what you outlined in your rationale and should be 400 words maximum.

For my written assignment, I chose to write about the environment. I picked three articles, one outlining the causes, one outlining the consequences and the last one outlined solutions. I then write my rationale which introduced the three articles and the intention of my assignment. I wrote a letter to the French government explaining the causes, consequences and solutions to air pollution.

• Like 1