Need some help with HL

Shazam

I need some help guys! I'm going to grade pre-ib next year, but the school I'm going to attend doesn't offer some classes I need for university! I want to aim for elite universities, and I want to go into a physics related field. For this I'll need math hl and physics hl, but the school only offers math sl and physics sl. They only offer three hl classes: History HL, English HL, and Biology HL. What I'm thinking right now is that I should self-study math & physics HL both, but not sure if I can fit them in. Is this a good idea,  if so how should I go about it? Any input would be amazing! Thank you.

I recommend taking AP BC Calculus and one of the AP Physics tests (probably AP C: E/M or AP C: Mechanics). These don't require lab sessions so they are good substitute for HL Math/Physics. Because you don't have enough calculus experience just try for Physics I or II and later you can take one of the C tests once you know decent amount of calc. 
AP BC Calc takes time. Since there are some years until you learn about calc in class just learn some of the algebra-based AP physics on your own first. http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/courses/teachers_corner/index.html

• Like 1

No I don't think so. 

EDIT. It's different if you have taken one before the other when other options exist. Since your school have very restricted course selections you can easily justify taking AP in your university applications.

Edited by kw0573