Ace of Devils

My subjects are:

HL Math

HL Economics

HL English

SL English A Lang/Lit

SL Indonesian B

SL Chemistry

I've heard that common subjects for Law school are HL History and English, but my interest only peaked after it was too late to change my courses. However, I am next year's captain of the varsity MUN team and part of the Debate team, but I'm not sure how far those will help me in getting into a Law program.

My IB predicted based on my first midterms is 41/42 and an A in TOK (6 in SL Chemistry), and my dream school is Oxford, but I'm also looking at LSE and Warwick as target schools with Manchester and Bristol as backups.

Would it be advisable/possible for me to do law, or would it be better to do PPE or something else that could potentially lead to law as a postgrad but have its own merit?

Following the post! I'd like to know the answers too :)

I'm in a similar situation to you, I also dream about Oxford law and I'm a vice president in our MUN.

Maybe we'll meet in Oxford :D

Btw PPE + Law seem an interesting combination!

You can't do both, you can only do either one of them ;) Though of course you can convert to law after doing ANY degree. You could do your undergrad in Physics or Dance Studies and then convert to law afterwards. 

Those subjects are perfectly fine for law. I had a friend in my year in law at Oxford who had taken Econ, Physics and Maths at HL in IB. It really doesn't matter what you take. Essay-based subjects are obviously a bit of an advantage when you actually start the course (since you're used to reading and writing), but not at the admissions stage. 

• 3 months later...