Applying abroad to the UK

MariamXO

I have a quick question when you apply to schools abroad (UK) do you have to submit your IB marks? Or can you submit your converted marks? I'm asking because I really want to study in the UK for medicine specifically I want to study at Imperial. For IB they require 38 points, which I know I can achieve if I work hard, but it is also a requirement to take chem and bio at HL, which as much as I begged my school they just wouldn't let me take. However, for Canadian students they require scores of 85%-90% both overall and in relevant Grade 12 subjects at the academic level. My IB courses are relevant its just I can't take both science at HL. Plus, sl bio covers what the regular academic class in Canada learn in 3 weeks. 

sl bio covers what the regular academic class in Canada learn in 3 weeks. 

Although I know Bio (SL) is seen as one of the easier IB sciences, I am willing to bet my money against this.

its true lol it takes 3 weeks for the grade 11 portion and then a little longer I think 5 weeks for the grade 12 portion

You can apply but if you don't have both chem and bio hl you will be slightly disadvantaged especially for a competitive course like medicine. But if you state clearly in your application that it was the fault of your school and exceed their minimum offer requirement (by having let's say a 40 instead of a 38) you can have a good chance. I know people in my school who applied to Imperial without having achieved their minimum offer and got interviews so you never know.

You can apply but if you don't have both chem and bio hl you will be slightly disadvantaged especially for a competitive course like medicine. But if you state clearly in your application that it was the fault of your school and exceed their minimum offer requirement (by having let's say a 40 instead of a 38) you can have a good chance. I know people in my school who applied to Imperial without having achieved their minimum offer and got interviews so you never know.

Really because I emailed them and the said I was not eligible to apply without the HL bio :/ but if that is true then if I get 7s in my courses such as biology, chemistry, and math (I doubt I could get 7 in all of those) I might still have a chance?

Really because I emailed them and the said I was not eligible to apply without the HL bio :/ but if that is true then if I get 7s in my courses such as biology, chemistry, and math (I doubt I could get 7 in all of those) I might still have a chance?

If you emailed the university and they clearly said you don't fulfil the entry requirements, then I'm afraid you don't have a chance.They clearly want you to take Biology HL and you're not taking it. I recommend you look at foundation courses, which are aimed at people who don't fulfil entry requirements straight out of high school. 

If you emailed the university and they clearly said you don't fulfil the entry requirements, then I'm afraid you don't have a chance.They clearly want you to take Biology HL and you're not taking it. I recommend you look at foundation courses, which are aimed at people who don't fulfil entry requirements straight out of high school.