Questions about the travail ecrit ab initio

Bonjour !

My French teacher mysteriously left this year and so we now have a substitute teacher who has no idea what she is doing (she took two years of French 4 years ago). I have had to research what to do for my travail ecrit alone since I am a senior. I think I understand what is happening, but I just needed to clarify.

1. What cultures am I comparing? In la description section, should I describe an aspect of French culture or my culture? I am a Lebanese-American, so may I use Lebanon as my culture since I have a firm understanding of it?

2. In la comparaison section, am I comparing that culture above to France? Or to my own culture?

I hope you can help and that my questions makes sense.

Merci bcp!

Bonjour Mon Ami,

I currently doing AB Intio French, so this may or may not be relevant.

First of I believe that this is the correct assignment sheet for this writing assignment. It is it not then just pardon it. (http://lhsfrenchdevoirs.wikispaces.com/New+Ab+Initio+Exam+2013)

1.) I compared the culture of Canada and Switzerland in terms of there education system, more specifically the high school system. I think you are allowed to pick any francophone country, but this may be different. Ask you teacher about this. Generally you are comparing the topics listed in the website link I sent you (its the table)

2.) Generally you are picking two countries and then comparing an aspect of life (in the categories of Indiviual/Society, Leisure/Work or Urban/Rural Life) between two francophone countries.

I hope this helps you! Reply if you any question or need clarification. I have a Mock Paper 1&2 and Mock Oral to study for Midterms tmmrw, so If I reply late, pardon me!