Which book should I order?

Guest beyondtheimagine

Guest beyondtheimagine

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently taking English Literature HL, and I am planning to order one of these books:

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/ib-english-a-literature-for/9780198390084-item.html?ikwid=english+literature+ib&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=7

or

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/product/9780199129706-item.html?ref=item_page:richrel:rr-carousel-small:json1

Which one do you suggest me to purchase? 

Thank you!
Chantel :D

Guest beyondtheimagine

Do you even need a language A textbook? I never had a textbook for lang A or lang B. Have you checked with your school that you actually need it for anything? 

My teacher never suggested anything, I just want to improve my skills. 

For example, I recently discovered that Chemistry SL has a textbook, and at my school we don't have any IB related textbooks. I even asked my chemistry teacher about that, and she said there isn't any textbook available for chemistry.

Edited by beyondtheimagine

my school uses an oxford one (I think similar to the first link you posted), but we rarely ever use them (only to read criteria and things like that, which are mostly online anyways). If you feel you need a book, either ask your teacher, or pick any of the two (they are both IB books and from oxford, so they should be all right). I personally don't think it necessary, but different things help different people.