Choose Math SL (instead of Studies) or German?

sagiiss

Hi! 

I'm choosing my subjects in 3 days and I just want to know what other IB students (with more experience) think about my plan.

I want to take

* Swedish LangLit A HL

* English B HL

* Business & Management HL

* Math Studies / SL

* Economics SL

* Environmental Systems & Societies SL

* German SL

I don't know what I want to study after finishing IB but I'm sure it won't have anything to do with math/science. So I though that it might be a good idea to take Math Studies, and then add an extra language (German) to "compensate". The chancellor at my school told me it might be more useful to take an extra language if I don't want to study something requiring a higher math qualification at Uni. 

Also, German is not a language that many non-German people know these days, so it is probably something that will make my education "stand out".

I want to study in the US.

What do you think?

Would you choose this, or rather take Math SL and skip German? 

Thanks!! 

I believe it depends on what you want to study. It'd be helpful if you told us so we could give you more suitable advice. :) I'd also check directly with the universities you might want to apply to and see what their policy on Maths Studies is.