IA Ideas

AKGAKG

Does anyone know any good ideas for a physics IA. My teachers says it cannot be simple like measuring the effect of light intensity on the refractive index, and it also must hold application to the real world and can be used in our daily lives. He gave me an idea about using light intensity and power generation but I'm not sure how I would set that up as I don't think I have the materials to do it. Is there an IA topic that is not too much of a hassle to setup and also gives application to the real world?

Does anyone know any good ideas for a physics IA. My teachers says it cannot be simple like measuring the effect of light intensity on the refractive index, and it also must hold application to the real world and can be used in our daily lives. He gave me an idea about using light intensity and power generation but I'm not sure how I would set that up as I don't think I have the materials to do it. Is there an IA topic that is not too much of a hassle to setup and also gives application to the real world?

We cannot give you an idea. That is your job. Please think of an RQ and then we can help.

Cheers,

King112

• Like 1

Hey, I've found some great materials which contain lots of ideas for a physics lab at the high-school (or even undergraduate) level. Take a look at them. They might be useful.

Projects for Exploring quantum physics.pdf

300-lab-ideas.pdf

Edited by Vioh

I thought up of an experiment involving the relationship between impact force and surface area of a parachute, but my teacher said it is ''too simple''. Does anyone know the possibility of increasing the complexity of the idea such as the draft is due in 7 days, and he hasn't helped our class with our IA. 

'

Would it be appropriate to do my IA on the angle at which the strings are attached to parachute in relation to the object it is supporting for ex all strings would be placed 45 degrees to the object, and how this would affect the time taken to reach the terminal velocity of the object?