German B SL?

Hello there,

Next year im going to be starting the IB. For my Lang B I've chosen german SL.

Right now im just so confused because the teacher I have this year makes it sounds realllyyyyyyyyyyy hard whereas my teacher who I had last year even asked me if I wanted to do HL.

Something im kind of nervous about is the grammar (duhh, it's german).

I would just like if someone could explain about how good they expect you to be in B SL? Like do they expect you to know declensions and stuff like that or how good are we supposed to be?

Thank you so much!

I am doing german SL and I would say it is not very hard. ( I only had half a year of experience before I started german SL) 

But the grade boundary is too high, maybe because many natives or people with german background are doing german HL/SL as well.

Edited by Guest

Hello there.

I'm doing German B HL. HL and SL are both fun courses. Did you take german class in the past?

heyy, thanks.

Yes, i'm taking the german IGCSE right now. I've done it for about 2-3 years now, getting around 6s and I really enjoy it as well. I feel like the vocab will go okay.

On my tests my writing part is usually good but then I get really bad on my grammar... And that what i'm really worried about how good they expect you to be... :/