Is this a good topic for TOK presentation?

Sandy

Hi :)

I've thought of a topic for my TOK presentation, but I don't know if it's good enough. Can you go through it and comment your views? I'd really appreciate different perspectives on this!

My RLS is pluto no longer being considered a planet and my KQ will be "To what extent is evidence important in order to make a knowledge claim?". To further develop it, my sub question is "To what extent is evidence important in order to justify knowledge in natural science?" although I'm not very sure about this. What do you think?

Edited by Sandy

I think your KQ is alright :)

Science can be bias at times because not everything can come up with a solid evidence. There are many other ways to gain knowledge thus there are evidence judged by the three types of truths, which is judged by the majority over the minority or by experts like the case for Pluto I suppose. I tried to think why Pluto was not considered as a planet from my perspective was that scientists did mention that Pluto is generally a dead planet, it is too cold to support life and it is too far away to be studied by sending astronauts over. In my view, the scientists want to learn from something beneficial then. It can be evident that Pluto is there but (in my perspective) they no longer want to know of Pluto's existence because it might not benefit them. 

I'm not sure if it's helpful but here's my thought about your RLS, you have to explore your knowledge question with the AOKs and WOKs.

Good luck ^_^