Chemistry IA

sandywarrier

Hello everyone! I am doing an IA on the effect of different weak acids and their buffering capacities, and I am at my introduction. I would like some help with separating what the introduction is and how it differs from the background. Also what can I include in my research question to make it more focused? 

The way I structured my IA was to write my introduction as a segue from my primary points of personal engagement to the background information, almost like an abstract if anything. I used the background to explain the chemistry behind by experiment, saving me the trouble of trying to squish it in with the data, analysis, or conclusion. 

Disclaimer: I did not use a standard structure, my teacher did not supply me with one, just with some previous IAs from which I developed my own structure that my teacher was fine with. Make sure you double check any major changes to your structure with your teacher, please :D

As for your research question, I can't really help without knowing what it is exactly, but try including your main variables in it somehow. That way there will be no confusion as to what your lab is about, you've practically laid it out already.

Edited by happymelons
  • Like 1