My IA Biology Revision Notes

Badran Elshenawy

So good morning everyone,

First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am an IB student doing Biology HL, and, to be honest, despite my good skills in the scientific field, I must admit that the subject is a true challenge. I have learnt a lot from this experience and I still have more to learn, however the aid I have received from the IB survival community has been of great significance in my development. What I have attached in this thread are revision notes for the HL portion of the book that I have created when revising for Biology and a few notes about common pitfalls and useful advice when doing paper 2. They are not fully comprehensive and they don’t have the minutia of every section, but they shall act as a good recap for the different sections that I have included.

Now, the reason I have created this thread might seem corny and melodramatic, but really all I want to do now is give back the same way I was given. Guys, the IB experience is indeed a difficult challenge, and we don’t all share the same quality of education because of variable factors, such as unexperienced lacking teachers, retarded administrations, and bad lab partners and classes, to name a few. However, I believe that we all have something to contribute to this community, and that, in fact, it is up to us, IB students, to facilitate this experience for future generations and for our less fortunate IB fellows. Therefore, I greatly encourage you all to contribute to this community, be it a big contribution or a small one, for it is the small things that we give that build the knowledge others will need to get past the rewarding yet arduous IB program. So, let us all collaborate and contribute to make the best out of this! Enjoy the notes!!! Hope you find them helpful.

• Like 4

So good morning everyone,

First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I am an IB student doing Biology HL, and, to be honest, despite my good skills in the scientific field, I must admit that the subject is a true challenge. I have learnt a lot from this experience and I still have more to learn, however the aid I have received from the IB survival community has been of great significance in my development. What I have attached in this thread are revision notes for the HL portion of the book that I have created when revising for Biology and a few notes about common pitfalls and useful advice when doing paper 2. They are not fully comprehensive and they don’t have the minutia of every section, but they shall act as a good recap for the different sections that I have included.

Now, the reason I have created this thread might seem corny and melodramatic, but really all I want to do now is give back the same way I was given. Guys, the IB experience is indeed a difficult challenge, and we don’t all share the same quality of education because of variable factors, such as unexperienced lacking teachers, retarded administrations, and bad lab partners and classes, to name a few. However, I believe that we all have something to contribute to this community, and that, in fact, it is up to us, IB students, to facilitate this experience for future generations and for our less fortunate IB fellows. Therefore, I greatly encourage you all to contribute to this community, be it a big contribution or a small one, for it is the small things that we give that build the knowledge others will need to get past the rewarding yet arduous IB program. So, let us all collaborate and contribute to make the best out of this! Enjoy the notes!!! Hope you find them helpful.

Hey!

Haven't had a chance to download and read through yet but thanks!!

Thank you very much for the notes :). A lot of us can certainly use any help we can get.

You are very welcome. I am glad I could help, but please don't look at this post as it ha the wrong title whereas instead of reading "My IB Biology Notes," It read my "IA Biology Notes." So, it is a stupid typo that I have made, but I have posted the same thread again wit the same information but with the correct name this time.

Thank you very much for the notes :). A lot of us can certainly use any help we can get.

You are very welcome. I am glad I could help, but please don't look at this post as it ha the wrong title whereas instead of reading "My IB Biology Notes," It read my "IA Biology Notes." So, it is a stupid typo that I have made, but I have posted the same thread again wit the same information but with the correct name this time.

Oh wait just read it properly!!! I was talking about the other post sorryyyy

Oh wait just read it properly!!! I was talking about the other post sorryyyy

It's ok my friend. I sent the administration an email, so they can delete this thread and leave the other one:P.