Economics EE - To what extent did the EU sanctions on Russia impact the Russian petroleum/gaz economy?

alexneedshelp

I have about half of my EE done but it feels as though I can't add any more information.

What I have at the moment is an analysis of the Russian economy and the importance of Gaz/Petroleum exports for them. How much they export and interact with the EU, stocks of Russian petroleum companies showing collapse periods that correlate with the announcement of the sanctions. Therefore the EU sanctions had an impact on the market.

I mean I don't know what else to add... Should I explore something new and link it back? Any ideas?

I have about 1800 words right now which is not nearly enough to hand in.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I was expected to have my rough draft done about a month ago but I have no idea what to add.

I had the exact same problem while I was writing my EE on history. Personally all I did was start reading more articles, journals, books etc.. in order to get a slightly broader view on the topic. Make a few research questions and from there stem off different ideas. You should also set up a meeting with your mentor, they should be more than happy to help give you some ideas on how to get the ball rolling again. My EE was due last November and it took me until now to really start reaching that 4000 word limit.

I had the exact same problem while I was writing my EE on history. Personally all I did was start reading more articles, journals, books etc.. in order to get a slightly broader view on the topic. Make a few research questions and from there stem off different ideas. You should also set up a meeting with your mentor, they should be more than happy to help give you some ideas on how to get the ball rolling again. My EE was due last November and it took me until now to really start reaching that 4000 word limit.

My mentor is actually being very dumb with how he's following the rules from IB. He believes he's not allowed to give me any ideas whatsoever in regards to my topic, and he barely even helps me, that's why I've resorted to this forum, I'm looking for some more ideas to get the ball rolling again I just want to know which way to branch off or what to look into...

I really hate the EE  :(

My mentor is actually being very dumb with how he's following the rules from IB. He believes he's not allowed to give me any ideas whatsoever in regards to my topic, and he barely even helps me, that's why I've resorted to this forum, I'm looking for some more ideas to get the ball rolling again I just want to know which way to branch off or what to look into...

I can fully understand that. My mentor unfortunately is the head coordinator for the EEs of all the students in my year and doesn't exactly help me much as she has to juggle and manage 40 other students. Ultimately you should break down everything you have right this moment for your EE. Look at how many sources you have (at least 8-12) and grab a few quotes. With the quotes you can even OPVL the sources and how it helps prove your research question. If youre focusing on the realtion between the Russian economy and the EU due to the sanctions either made the Russian economy suffer/prosper and why? How large the oil/gas exports make up the GDP of Russia? How the PPP impacts living standards? How the economy differs from later dates to more modern dates in terms of exports/imports/impacts on the economy?

I can fully understand that. My mentor unfortunately is the head coordinator for the EEs of all the students in my year and doesn't exactly help me much as she has to juggle and manage 40 other students. Ultimately you should break down everything you have right this moment for your EE. Look at how many sources you have (at least 8-12) and grab a few quotes. With the quotes you can even OPVL the sources and how it helps prove your research question. If youre focusing on the realtion between the Russian economy and the EU due to the sanctions either made the Russian economy suffer/prosper and why? How large the oil/gas exports make up the GDP of Russia? How the PPP impacts living standards? How the economy differs from later dates to more modern dates in terms of exports/imports/impacts on the economy?

Okay I see what you mean, yeah I like the idea of just taking some sources and OPVL them that can give me a solid amount of words... Also I should probably explore some more areas...

Thanks for the help :)

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat actually.

I honestly thought I was the only one who was struggling with the EE. My EE was due in november as well and tbh I only have 500 words :'(

yeah I can only blame myself I've just procrastinated so much that I don't even want to think about the EE atm. I'm thinking about dropping IB because if I don't hand in my EE I'll get kicked out and I'm doing poorly in chemistry HL as well :/. But the problem with that decision is that my school doesn't have an opening for the courses I need to take for the programs I applied to ( gr 12 chemistry and english)... 

Any advice would be appreciated but idk I'm in such a mess I don't think I have many options anymore.

• 6 years later...
On 1/4/2016 at 2:26 AM, alexneedshelp said:

I have about half of my EE done but it feels as though I can't add any more information.

What I have at the moment is an analysis of the Russian economy and the importance of Gaz/Petroleum exports for them. How much they export and interact with the EU, stocks of Russian petroleum companies showing collapse periods that correlate with the announcement of the sanctions. Therefore the EU sanctions had an impact on the market.

I mean I don't know what else to add... Should I explore something new and link it back? Any ideas?

I have about 1800 words right now which is not nearly enough to hand in.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I was expected to have my rough draft done about a month ago but I have no idea what to add.

What topic was your ee on?